FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 25, 2014
Tel: (573) 416-2854
Travis Fitzwater Officially Files for State Representative in the 49th District
FULTON, Mo.—Holts Summit resident, Travis Fitzwater, today announced he has officially filed to run for the Missouri State House of Representatives seat in the 49th District located in Callaway County and a portion of Cole County. Fitzwater has received support from businesses and community members across the district and state as well as current Representative in the 49th District, Jeanie Riddle (R-Mokane). Riddle looks to represent Missouri’s 10th District in the State Senate, therefore is not seeking re-election to the House.
Fitzwater enjoys being involved in the community as a board member of the Holts Summit Fire Protection District, Chairman of Jefferson City Young Life, working on political campaigns and interacting with local businesses.
“It’s been a joy to get to know so many leaders and community members who have continued to encourage my effort to serve Callaway and Cole Counties in the role of State Representative. From businesses fighting to keep up their bottom line in a harsh economy, to helping encourage the state to fund a new Fulton State Hospital, to energy infrastructure investments and energy independence, I hope to help make this area become an even better place to live, work and raise a family,” said Fitzwater.
Travis plans to tackle several issues if elected to the House, including the following:
- Continue to encourage support and funding for the Fulton State Hospital as proposed by Rep. Rick Stream and Rep. Jeanie Riddle, paying off the debt to build the facility in 5 years and saving over $100 million in interest.
- Garner support for energy suppliers from the state government, while working to reduce regulations in order to update infrastructure and maintain Missouri’s low energy rates.
- Reduce the size of government and its overreach into our lives.
- Return taxpayers’ hard earned money to their pockets in the form of reduced income taxes and work to minimize the burden of an overly complicated tax system.
- Travis will always vote pro-life. He will fight to protect the rights of the unborn and the born, which guarantee the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Finally, Travis is a staunch defender of our right to bear arms.
“Travis is a devoted husband and father, a man of principle and conviction, who will represent the 49th district well. I fully support his campaign to become the next State Representative for our area. His proven leadership ability will be a great asset for Callaway and Cole Counties,” said State Representative Jeanie Riddle.
About Travis Fitzwater:
Travis lives in Holts Summit with his wife, Amy, and their 2-year-old daughter, Sadie. Travis serves on a number of boards, enjoys being involved in his church, is a member of many conservative organizations and is an avid sports fan. Travis holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and graduated from the Missouri Chamber of Commerce’s “Leadership Missouri” program in 2007.